Namibia

latest news headlines

5 German-language media resources in non-German countries.

Chile, Namibia or the USA: For International Mother Language Day on February 21, we've compiled a list of five German-language media resources that can be found in places where German is not the native language.

- Deutsche Welle - DE

Why opposition parties in southern Africa struggle to win power.

Julius Malema and his fellow opposition EFF MPs being bundled out of parliament for disrupting President Jacob Zuma's speech. Sumaya Hisham/ReutersOver the last three decades there's been some progress towards institutionalising multiparty democracy in sub-Saharan Africa. Despite this elections in the region rarely result ...

- The Conversation - UK

Flight of the flamingoes.

WALVIS BAY , Feb 19 — We are desperately seeking Namibia's famed flamingoes. The pier at the German town of Swakopmund, a coastal city caught between the Atlantic Ocean and the Namib Desert, seems promising but all we have seen so...

- The Malay Mail - MY

Southern and Eastern African countries agree on urgent actions to tackle armyworm.

Source: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Country: Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, World, Zambia, Zimbabwe Fall armyworm, which is mostly associated with the Americas, is a new threat in Southern Africa and is currently affecting crops in at least seven countries in the region.Strengthening national and ...

- ReliefWeb - INT

Southern and Eastern African countries agree on urgent actions to tackle armyworm.

Source: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Country: Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, World, Zambia, Zimbabwe Fall armyworm, which is mostly associated with the Americas, is a new threat in Southern Africa and is currently threatening crops in at least seven countries in the region.Strengthening national ...

- ReliefWeb - INT

Teck sells 70% interest in Namibia copper project.

Canadian diversified miner Teck Resources has agreed to sell its 70% interest in Haib Minerals to TSX-V-listed Deep-South Resources, who holds the remaining 30% interest in Haib. Haib holds a 100% interest in the Haib copper project, in Namibia.

- Mining Weekly - ZA

Teck sells 70% interest in Namibia copper project.

Canadian diversified miner Teck Resources has agreed to sell its 70% interest in Haib Minerals to TSX-V-listed Deep-South Resources, who holds the remaining 30% interest in Haib. Haib holds a 100% interest in the Haib copper project, located in Namibia.

- Mining Weekly - ZA

Emergency UN meeting in Harare over armyworm outbreak.

Harare, Zimbabwe, Feb 14 - International experts will hold emergency talks in Harare on Tuesday to tackle an outbreak of crop-eating “armyworm” caterpillars advancing across several African countries. The armyworm has already caused damage to staple crops in Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa and Ghana, with reports ...

- CapitalFM Kenya - KE

Feed